The United States Mint has started accepting orders for the 2013 Theodore Roosevelt Coin and Chronicles Set. This special collectible set highlights the 26th President’s legacy as a soldier, statesman, and conservationist.
Each set contains the following items:
- One 2013-S Proof Theodore Roosevelt Presidential Dollar. This coin features an obverse portrait designed and engraved by Joseph Menna. The reverse of the coin depicts the Statue of Liberty as designed and engraved by Don Everhart.
- One Theodore Roosevelt Presidential Medal struck in .999 fine silver for the first time in US Mint history. The obverse features Roosevelt’s portrait and the reverse features an image of Columbia with her right hand resting upon a column bearing a cinerary urn and devices symbolizing the authority of the United States with the U.S. Capitol in the background.
- One Bald Eagle National Wildlife Refuge System Centennial Bronze Medal. The obverse features a full length image of Roosevelt, while the reverse depicts a bald eagle in flight.
- A print honoring Roosevelt’s military service.
- A booklet with educational information about the 26th President.
The sets are priced at $57.95 each plus applicable shipping and handling. There is no stated product limit and no household limit imposed. According to the US Mint’s website, the product will be available for shipping on March 7, 2014.