On April 17 at noon (ET), the United States Mint is set to release the 2019 Silver Proof Set. The 2019 Silver Proof Set will contain 10 coins from the San Francisco Mint.
This set is the second of three sets this year to contain an additional and separately packaged Lincoln penny with a “W” mint mark. The set is currently priced at $54.95 on the Mint’s website and has no mintage, product, or household order limits.
Each set is accompanied by a certificate of authenticity and the 10 coins in the set are housed in two clear plastic lenses, while the separate Lincoln penny with a “W” mint mark is housed in clear plastic wrap.
Coins included in the 2019 Silver Proof Set are:
- Five silver versions of the America the Beautiful quarters honoring Lowell National Historical Park in Massachusetts; American Memorial Park in the Northern Mariana Islands; War in the Pacific National Historical Park in Guam; San Antonio Missions National Historical Park in Texas; and Frank Church River of No Return Wilderness in Idaho.
- One Native American $1 coin with a reverse design (tails) featuring Mary Golda Ross writing calculations.
- One silver Kennedy half dollar
- One silver Roosevelt dime
- One Jefferson nickel
- One Lincoln penny
- One 2019 Lincoln penny with a Reverse Proof finish struck at the West Point Mint with a “W” mint mark.
The specifications of each coin included in the set are as follows:
2.5% Copper, Balance Zinc
|25% Nickel, Balance Copper||99.9% Silver||99.9% Silver||99.9% Silver||
6% Zinc, 3.5% Manganese, 2% Nickel, Balance Copper
|5.000 g||2.537 g||6.343 g||12.685 g||
0.750 inch (19.05 mm)
|0.835 inch (21.21 mm)||0.705 inch (17.91 mm)||0.955 inch (24.26 mm)||1.205 inches (30.61 mm)||
1.043 inches (26.49 mm)
|Mint and Mint Mark||
San Francisco – S
|San Francisco – S||San Francisco – S||San Francisco – S||San Francisco – S||
San Francisco – S