The Perth Mint and APMEX are at it again, partnering for the ninth annual Escape to Australia Sweepstakes. U.S. residents who purchase any 2017- or 2018-dated Perth Mint item from APMEX (website or telephone) between October 3 and midnight (ET) on November 5 will be automatically entered to win. (Purchases through eBay do not qualify.) No purchase is necessary to enter, however—any eligible person can enter online or by mailing the required information on a 3×5 postcard.
The eligible product types on the Perth Mint’s page at APMEX are 2017-/2018-dated items ranging from fractional gold and silver bullion to kilo-sized coins, and include Brilliant Uncirculated, Proof, bullion, and collector items, as well as certain bars. Look for the “Escape to Australia Sweepstakes” page link in the product description to confirm eligibility:
- gold and silver Lunar coins for the Year of the Rooster and the Year of the Dog, in bullion and Proof formats and sets;
- silver BU and Proof Kookaburras;
- gold and silver Kangaroos in bullion and Proof formats and sets;
- platinum BU Kangaroos;
- coins in the commemorative category, including gold sovereign / half sovereign coins, Christmas coins, color-added collector coins, and the 2017 Wedge-Tailed Eagle silver BU coin;
- gold Proof Koalas;
- silver BU and Proof Koalas, as well as the 2017 edition with antiqued finish;
- silver Swans (only technically eligible, as they’re unavailable); and
- gold Oriana bars from 1 gram through 1 ounce.
The winner of the drawing and the guest of their choice will receive round-trip tickets to Perth, Australia, along with seven nights’ hotel accommodations, a VIP tour of the mint, and a thousand dollars to spend as they please. The total prize package is valued at $9,500.
The winner will be chosen from among all eligible entries during the week of November 13, 2013, and will be notified by first-class mail, telephone, or email.
For more information, or to read the official sweepstakes rules, click here.