The new Silver Eagle, struck at the San Francisco Mint, will be released on October 10, 2023. Special submission instructions must be followed. See the “Submission Instructions” section of this article.
The newest Silver Eagle is being released by the U.S. Mint on October 10, 2023. Struck at the San Francisco Mint, the 2023-S Proof Silver Eagles have a product limit of only 200,000.
Numismatic Guaranty Company (NGC) is offering a selection of special labels to complement the certified coins, including the San Francisco Cable Car label and the popular NGC Early Releases and First Releases labels.
The American Silver Eagles have been a popular collectible since their inception in 1986. More recently, these venerable coins celebrated their 35th anniversary — an important milestone that included enhanced security features and a new reverse design.
The 2023-S Proof Silver Eagle obverse retains Adolf A. Weinman’s iconic Walking Liberty figure, but with the use of advanced technology, the design details align more closely with Weinman’s original vision. In addition, the reed variation along the edge provides higher security against counterfeiting. The reverse shows an eagle coming in for a landing, an exciting design that was first introduced in 2021. It was engraved by acclaimed medallic artist Michael Gaudioso, who signs certification labels exclusively for NGC. 2023-S Proof Silver Eagles certified with the NGC Michael Gaudioso Signature Label will be available through select retailers.
- Submit coins under the Modern grading tier or higher.
- Coins do not need to be submitted in the U.S. Mint packaging.
|Early Releases||+$15||On the U.S. submission form, select Early Releases under Box 7. See cut-off dates here.|
|First Releases||+$15||On the U.S. submission form, select First Releases under Box 7. See cut-off dates here.|
|NGC Standard Brown #377||Free||By default. Enter Standard Brown Label #377 on your submission form.|
|San Francisco Cable Car #854||+$8||Request San Francisco Cable Car Label #854 on your submission form. (Early Releases and First Releases are available on this label for an additional $15 fee, if applicable.)|
|Early Releases #378||Included with fee for Early Releases designation (+$15)||Select Early Releases and enter Early Releases #378 on your submission form.|
|First Releases #379||Included with fee for First Releases designation (+$15)||Select First Releases and enter First Releases #379 on your submission form.|
- Questions? Contact NGC Customer Service at or (+1) 855-GRADE10 (855-472-3310).
- Paid NGC Collector members can submit their coins directly to NGC. Not an NGC Collector member? Paid memberships start at just $25/year. Join today.
- NGC’s First Day of Issue designation and labels are available for select bulk submissions only. To qualify for First Day of Issue, coins must be purchased within one day of the first day that a mint makes a new coin issue available for sale and must be received by NGC or an NGC-approved depository within one week of the release date. NGC will require that the submitter provide adequate evidence (including purchase receipts) to demonstrate the date when the coins were purchased.
Press release courtesy of the Numismatic Guaranty Company