An 1879 Flowing Hair Stella and an 1851 Humbert are among the highlights.
A rare gold pattern coin and a Territorial gold piece are among the highlights being offered as part of Stack’s Bowers Rarities Night on February 28 in Baltimore. Both coins are certified by NGC.
An 1879 Flowing Hair $4, graded NGC PF-65 Ultra Cameo, is likely to realize six figures in the auction. As a “type coin,”
Stack’s Bowers Galleries is the Official Auction of the Whitman Coin and Collectibles Baltimore Spring Expo slated to take place from February 28 to March 3, 2019, at the Baltimore Convention Center.
The Stack’s Bowers Rarities Night auction also features an 1851 880 Reeded $50 Humbert, graded NGC MS-61. This rarity is among the most evocative of all the Gold Rush issues. The huge octagonal $50 gold pieces nicknamed “slugs” have been favorites of numismatists for generations.
Other highlights of the Rarities Night Auction include:
- Lot 1140 — 1796/5 Capped Bust Right half eagle, graded NGC AU-50.
- Lot 1079 — 1795 Flowing Hair $1, graded NGC AU-55.
- Lot 1036 — 1916 Double Die Obverse Buffalo nickel, graded NGC EF Details.
- Lot 1135 — 1882 $3 gold piece, graded NGC PF-65 Cameo.
- Lot 1187 — 1907 high relief $20, graded NGC PF-63.
Press release courtesy of the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
Leave a Reply