Whitman Publishing authors will meet and greet collectors and sign copies of their books at the Whitman booth, #200, at the American Numismatic Association World’s Fair of Money, August 1–5, 2017. The show is held at the Colorado Convention Center.
On Wednesday, August 2, is a special presentation, “An Hour with Ken and Dave,” featuring Kenneth Bressett and Q. David Bowers, and a raffle giveaway of a dozen Whitman books. Show visitors can meet Bressett (the longtime senior editor of the Red Book) and Bowers (the most prolific numismatic author of all time) from 2:00 to 3:00 p.m. The two will answer questions, chat about any hobby topic, autograph books, and pose for photographs. This was a very popular event at last year’s ANA show in Anaheim. “This is a rare opportunity to meet two of the hobby’s living legends,” said Whitman publisher Dennis Tucker. “Ken and Dave are also two of the friendliest people in numismatics, and they love to visit with collectors. Bring your camera, say hello, ask questions, and you’ll take home some wonderful memories from the ANA World’s Fair of Money.”
Bressett and Bowers will autograph books at other times throughout the show, as will other Whitman authors. The full schedule:
- Harlan Berk (100 Greatest Ancient Coins) — Thursday, 3:00 p.m.
- David Bowers (A Guide Book of Morgan Silver Dollars; Obsolete Paper Money; etc.) — Thursday, 10:30 a.m.; Friday, 1:00 p.m.
- Ken Bressett (Money of the Bible; Whitman Guide to Coin Collecting; etc.) — Tuesday, 3:00 p.m.; Wednesday, 2:00 p.m.; Thursday, 10:30 a.m.
- Roger W. Burdette (A Guide Book of Peace Dollars) — Thursday, 11:00 a.m.; Friday, 1:30 p.m.
- Jeff Garrett (Encyclopedia of U.S. Gold Coins, 1795–1933; 100 Greatest U.S. Coins; etc.) — Saturday, 12:00 noon.
- Ira Goldberg (Money of the World: Coins That Made History) — Thursday, 2:30 p.m.
- Robert D. Leonard (Curious Currency: The Story of Money from the Stone Age to the Internet Age) — Thursday, 3:30 p.m.; Friday, 2:00 p.m.; Saturday, 11:30 p.m.
- Dennis Tucker (American Gold and Silver: U.S. Mint Collector and Investor Coins and Medals, Bicentennial to Date) — Thursday, 11:30 a.m.
The Whitman Publishing booth is a popular gathering place for Whitman authors, so visitors have a good chance of running into other hobby writers at booth #200 throughout the week.
Because Whitman Publishing is the Official Supplier of the American Numismatic Association, ANA members get 10% off all purchases. Other show specials, bargains, and giveaways are scheduled for Whitman books, folders, albums, and hobby supplies. ❑
Press release courtesy of Whitman Publishing.