The online marketplace is offering an incredible selection of coins in this hot numismatic market.
Seldom-seen coins certified by Numismatic Guaranty Company (NGC), including an ultra-rare Proof Eagle, are among the items available now through MA-Shops. NGC is the Official Grading Service for MA-Shops, a leading numismatic marketplace whose sales have grown exponentially as interest in coin collecting has spiked in recent years.
One of the top coins is an 1894-O Eagle graded NGC PF-62 Cameo listed for $2.46 million. This coin has a beautiful golden luster and a deep design strike. It is extremely rare and is the only example recorded in the NGC Census.
An interesting medal being offered is a 1936 Olympic Gold Medal in Basketball that is certified by NGC. During the Berlin Summer Olympics, this gold medal was presented to the captain of the team William Wheatly by James Naismith, known as the inventor of basketball. It is offered at $2 million.
With a shimmering surface, an 1820 Half Eagle graded NGC SP-64 is one of the first Specimens created that paved the way for U.S. Proof coinage. It is being offered for $937,500.
Struck at the New Orleans Mint, an 1857-O Double Eagle graded NGC MS-63★ is listed for $750,000. This particular example earned NGC’s coveted Star Designation for exceptional eye appeal.
Another Specimen with a striking appearance, an 1852-O Double Eagle graded NGC SP-61 is being offered for $743,750. It is one of the earliest-dated Specimen examples from the New Orleans Mint.
Other NGC-certified coins listed on MA-Shops include:
- an 1889-CC Morgan dollar graded NGC MS-61 offered at $34,000
- an 1858-O Double Eagle graded NGC AU-55 offered at $34,000
- a Great Britain 1911 five-Sovereign graded NGC PF-64 offered at $30,034
- a 1907 High Relief Wire Rim Saint-Gaudens Double Eagle graded NGC MS-61 offered at $18,500
- a New Zealand 1935 George V Waitangi Proof Set graded NGC MS-62 to NGC MS-66 offered at $12,730
- a Chile 1835SO IJ eight Escudos graded NGC MS-61 offered at $7,999.99
- a 1909-S Indian cent graded NGC MS-64 RB offered at $2,750
- a Roman Imperatorial Julius Caesar, d. 44 B.C. Denarius graded NGC Ancients Ch F, 4/5 Strike and 2/5 Surface offered at $1,495
MA-Shops.com, the world’s most trusted numismatic marketplace, features ancient, U.S., and world coins, medals, banknotes, stamps, and antiquities sold by Certified Dealers from around the world. Collectors can buy with confidence knowing all items offered on the website are guaranteed. Founded in 2005 by Joachim Schwiening, CEO, MA-Shops’ memberships include ANA, FUN, PAN, NGC, and PMG.
For more information, contact Kathy Bender, U.S. Business Development Manager, at .
All prices are provided by MA-Shops in U.S. Dollars
Press release courtesy of the Numismatic Guaranty Company
Leave a Reply