The First Long Beach Collectibles Show Since 2020 Will Be Held This Week at Long Beach Convention Center September 30-October 2, 2021
(Long Beach, California — September 28, 2021) The Long Beach Expo, the largest coin, currency, stamp, and sports collectible show on the West Coast, will return for the first time since 2020 when it opens its doors to the public this week from September 30 through October 2, 2021, at the Long Beach Convention Center. The Long Beach Expo will be headlined by lot viewings for a multimillion-dollar sale by Heritage Auctions and sport more than 400 collectibles dealers. Among the attractions are a rare collection of copper United States large cents dating back to the 18th century, opportunities to meet with coin and sports memorabilia experts, on-site collectibles grading, the chance to win gold coins and sports rarities, and much more.
For free admission to this week’s Long Beach Expo September 30 through October 2, 2021, click here and use promo code “LBEPR.”
“We are excited to kick off the first Long Beach Expo in more than 18 months,” says PCGS Interim President Stephanie Sabin. “There is so much pent-up energy across all areas of collectibles right now, and we’ve seen this in record prices for coins, sports cards, and more. With all the excitement in the coin and collectibles community and a wide variety of popular attractions at the Long Beach Expo, I’m sure we will have a very busy convention floor this week!”
Among the many Long Beach Expo highlights are:
- Heritage Auctions — The official auctioneer of the Long Beach Expo and world’s largest collectibles auctioneer will showcase many exciting lots for its upcoming Signature Auctions (U.S. Coins #1334 and U.S. Currency #3585) to be held October 7-10 from their headquarters in Dallas, Texas. Learn more about Heritage Auctions, explore their complete Signature Auction schedule, and find out how to consign to future Heritage Auctions events by visiting our Auctions page.
- PCGS Set Registry Presents: The Walter J. Husak Collection of Large Cents, 1793-1814 (Booth #413) — The culmination of indescribable patience and effort, this collection includes 87 remarkable specimens of large, heavy copper coins totaling more than $7 million in value. This collection consists of many of the finest specimens known of the very first coins ever struck by the U.S. Mint for mass circulation, predating the silver and gold coinage that came along in the mid-1790s.
- PCGS On-Site Grading (Booth #401) — PCGS is offering on-site grading submissions for banknotes at Express or higher service level through Thursday, September 30 at 5:00 PM and for coins through Friday, October 1 at 5:00 PM. Be sure to take advantage of a special PCGS $10 Crossover special for U.S. coins that don’t cross.
- PSA Grading & PSA/DNA Authentication (Booth #1061) — PSA will be offering on-site and drop-off grading for limited trading card authentication and grading services and accepting drop-off submissions for autograph authentication services.
- “Meet the Expert” Coin Sessions at the PCGS (Booth #401) — Come by the PCGS booth to meet Steve Feltner, PCGS director of numismatic education and outreach. You can receive in-person insights on your collectible coins, and collectors of all ages and experience are welcome! Visit Steve at the PCGS booth (#401) 10:30 AM through 12:30 PM on Thursday, September 30, and Friday, October 1.
- “Meet the Expert” Sport Sessions at the Memory Lane Booth (Booth #1047) — Bring your sports items for an evaluation by the Memory Lane experts. You might even receive an offer! Get an opportunity to find out more about your sports collectibles and what they’re worth 11:00 AM through 12:00 PM on Thursday, September 30; Friday, October 1; and Saturday, October 2.
- Win A Free Gold Coin and Sports Prize — Each day of the show we’ll award an American Gold Eagle one-half-ounce coin and an authenticated sports jersey to a show attendee! Preregister for the show and be automatically entered to win! Drawings take place at 2:00 PM on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. *Attendees must be present to win.
The Long Beach Expo will be held from September 30 and runs through October 2. Doors open at 10:00 AM through 6:30 PM on Thursday, September 30, and Friday, October 1 at 10:00 AM through 4:30 PM on Saturday, October 2. The Long Beach Expo will take place at the Long Beach Convention Center — Hall C, 300 E. Ocean Blvd., Long Beach, California 90802.
About Long Beach Expo
Since 1964, the Long Beach Expo (LBE) has been the leading international trade show in the coin, currency, stamp, and sports collectibles industry held by Expos Unlimited. Located in Long Beach, California, the Long Beach Expo brings together more than 10,000 dealers and collectors worldwide at its three shows held three times per year, hosted by Expos Unlimited, a division of Collectors Universe and a sister company of Professional Coin Grading Service (PCGS), Professional Sports Authenticator (PSA), Certified Coin Exchange (CCE), Collectors Corner, and Coinflation. To learn more about the Long Beach Expo, click here or follow on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Press release courtesy of the Professional Coin Grading Service.