Exceptional-Quality Nickels, Proof Morgan Dollars & Gold Anchor the 280-Lot Offering
(Lincroft, New Jersey) — Legend Rare Coin Auctions is proud to announce that the firm’s 50th Regency Auction, being held on Thursday, January 27, 2022, is now open for bidding online. While consisting of “just” 280 lots, each coin is of impressive quality and eye appeal, each approved by Legend’s team of numismatic experts.
The sale begins with a wonderful group of Matte Proof Lincoln cents from the Young-Dakota Collection and continues with an extensive offering of nickels, both three-cent and five-cent examples. There are a number of high-grade Proof three-cent nickels, which include a number of condition-census pieces and among-finest-known examples. Five-cent nickels, especially selections of Mint State Shield and Proof Liberty nickels from the Forsythe Collections, offer rare and important opportunities for the Registry Set collector.
Other items from the Young-Dakota and Forsythe Collections are noted among other important numismatic items, before we start with the exceptional run of Proof Morgan dollars from the Young-Dakota Collection. An impressive group of gold, anchored by part two of the Naples Collection of Early Gold and selections from the Half Dome Collection present a “golden” opportunity for the collector to acquire some of the greatest gold coins on the market today. The sale rounds out with some classic commemoratives and pattern issues.
Highlights of this important sale include:
- Lot 1. $1 1776 CURRENCY, EG FECIT. PCGS MS-64
- Lot 12 1C 1909 VDB PCGS PR-65RB
- Lot 31. 3CN 1870 PCGS PR-66+DCAM
- Lot 46. 3CN 1885 PCGS PR-66DCAM
- Lot 55. 5C 1880 PCGS MS-66
- Lot 66. 5C 1895 PCGS PR-68
- Lot 91. 5C 1913 TYPE 1. PCGS PR-68
- Lot 136. 50C 1842 MEDIUM DATE. PCGS MS-66
- Lot 138. 50C 1905-O PCGS MS-68
- Lot 145. 50C 1942-D PCGS MS-68
- Lot 162. $1 1892 PCGS PR-67+CAM
- Lot 163. $1 1893 PCGS PR-66+DCAM
- Lot 167. $1 1898 PCGS PR-67DCAM
- Lot 206. $2.50 1804 13 STAR REVERSE. PCGS AU-50
- Lot 207. $5 1795 SMALL EAGLE. PCGS MS-61
- Lot 223. $10 1907 WIRE RIM. PCGS MS-66
- Lot 224. $10 ROLLED EDGE. PCGS MS-65+
- Lot 236. $20 1927-S PCGS MS-65
- Lot 241. $4 1879 STELLA. FLOWING HAIR. PCGS PR-64DCAM
- Lot 270. 50C 1918 LINCOLN. PCGS MS-67+
- Lot 276. $5 1861 CLARK GRUBER. PCGS AU-58+
- Lot 280. $20 1870 J-1039. PCGS PR-66+CAM
“This small but powerful offering is one of our best yet!” declared Julie Abrams, president of Legend Rare Coin Auctions. “The feedback we are getting from our clients has been amazing, saying there is much more of interest in this 280-lot auction than in many much larger-sized auctions.”
“This is a showcase of what Legend can do,” added Laura Sperber, founder of Legend Numismatics and Legend Rare Coin Auctions. “The main collections were consigned by collectors who worked either extensively or exclusively with us, look at what collectors can accomplish when they buy from us, and look at what our auction company can do when it is time to sell!”
The Regency Auction 50, the official auction of the PCGS Members Only Show, will be held on Thursday, January 27, 2022, at 4:00 p.m. PT at the Bellagio in Las Vegas. Lot viewing opportunities are available in the firm’s Red Bank, New Jersey, office or at the show. Contact Legend Auctions at 732-935-1168 or email for more information.
Press release courtesy of the Professional Coin Grading Service.