Join the United States Mint and the National Park Service for the official launch of the America the Beautiful Quarters Program coin honoring Cumberland Island National Seashore in Georgia on 10 a.m., Thursday, August 30, 2018. The ceremony will take place at the Camden County High School Auditorium in Kingsland.
Event highlights include performances by Camden County High School band ensemble and premier choral group, Volume One, a ceremonial coin pour, and an exchange of $10 rolls of newly minted Cumberland Island National Seashore quarters after the ceremony. Donna Weaver, designer of the quarter, will attend. In addition, the following individuals will also be in attendance:
• United States Mint Acting Deputy Director David Croft
• Andrew Blascovich, Senior Field Representative for U.S. Senator Johnny Isakson
• Emmitt Nolan, Caseworker, Field Representative for U.S Congressman Buddy Carter
• Cumberland Island National Seashore Superintendent Gary Ingram
• United States Mint Artistic Infusion Program Designer Donna Weaver
• Camden County High School Students Jalen Johnson and Nicole Thompson, Masters of Ceremonies
The United States Mint will host a coin forum the evening before the launch ceremony—Wednesday, August 29, 2018, 6–7 p.m. EDT—at the Howard Gilman Waterfront Park Amphitheater Stage, 120 St. Marys Street, St. Marys, GA 31558. The coin forum is an opportunity for the public to learn about upcoming United States Mint coin programs and initiatives, and express their views about future coinage.
The Cumberland Island National Seashore quarter is the 44th release in the United States Mint America the Beautiful Quarters Program, a 12-year initiative that honors 56 national parks and other national sites authorized by Public Law 110-456. Each year, the public will see five new national sites depicted on the reverses (tails sides) of the America the Beautiful Quarters. The United States Mint is issuing these quarters in the order in which the national sites were officially established.
Press release courtesy of the United States Mint.