Representatives of the U.S. Mint will be in attendance at the Whitman Coin and Collectibles Expo in Baltimore this week. They will occupy booth #801 at the Baltimore Convention Center Thursday, November 5, through Sunday, November 8, and will have an array of products on hand to peruse or purchase.
A press release from the Mint states that they plan to have the following items for sale during the Expo:
- 2015 American Eagle gold and silver coins,
- 2015 U.S. Marshals commemorative coins (Proof and Uncirculated),
- 2015 March of Dimes commemorative coins (Proof and Uncirculated),
- 2015 American Buffalo one ounce gold coins,
- Rolls, bags, and sets of America the Beautiful quarters,
- 2014 U.S. Mint Limited Edition Silver Proof Sets,
- Happy Birthday, Congratulations, Birth Sets, and,
- Other popular annual sets.
The Expo will also feature a “Beat the Gold Standard” contest in which contestants can try to stump Q. David Bowers with general interest questions on numismatics. You can submit questions here until noon tomorrow, November 5. Mr. Bowers will then participate in a 3 p.m. panel in room 301 of the Baltimore Convention Center, during which time he will attempt to answer the best submissions. Whitman Publishing gift certificates will be given to the contestant who “stumps (the) expert”, as well as to the person who comes up with Bowers’s favorite question.
For more information on the “Beat the Gold Standard” contest or the Whitman Expo in general, please visit Expo.Whitman.com.