The month of October 2011 will include a number of new product releases from the United States Mint, as well as several coin conventions.
The United States Mint has recently scheduled the 2011-P Olympic National Park Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coin for release on October 25, 2011. This will be the seventh numismatic release for the large sized silver coins.
Although still not officially scheduled, this month may see the release of the US Mint’s 25th Anniversary Silver Eagle Set. The set will include one proof coin from West Point, one uncirculated coin from West Point, one uncirculated coin from San Francisco, one reverse proof coin from Philadelphia, and one bullion coin. A previous press release indicated that the US Mint expected to begin taking orders for the limited mintage sets in late October.
Many collectors are looking forward to the Perth Mint’s upcoming numismatic releases for the 2012 Year of the Dragon Silver Coins. The new products on sale October 4, 2011 will include colored versions, gilded versions, gemstone versions, and a typeset collection. Additional information about these coins is provided in this article.
From October 13-15, 2011, the ANA National Money Show will be held in Pittsburgh. Both PCGS and NGC will provide on-site grading and an auction will be conducted by Heritage. Later in the month, the Silver Dollar & Rare Coin Expo will be held in St. Charles, Missouri.
September 30, 2011 – October 1, 2011
- Coinex held at Millennium Hotel on Grosvenor Square in London, England
October 4, 2011
- Rutherford B. Hayes $1 Coin Cover on sale at the US Mint
- Collector products for 2012 Year of the Dragon Silver Coins on sale at the Perth Mint
October 8-9, 2011
- Numismata International Numismatic Fair held at Radio Tower Hall 9 in Berlin, Germany
October 13-15, 2011
- ANA National Money Show held at David L. Lawrence Convention Center in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
October 18, 2011
- Vicksburg National Military Park Quarter Three Coin Set on sale at the US Mint
October 20-22, 2011
- The Silver Dollar & Rare Coin Expo held at the St. Charles Convention Center in St. Charles, Missouri
October 25, 2011
- 2011-P Glacier National Park Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coin on sale at the US Mint