NGC’s American Innovation label, available at no additional charge, is a distinguished way to celebrate this series of coins from the U.S. Mint.
The Numismatic Guaranty Corporation (NGC) will offer a special label for the American Innovation dollar coins. The first coins in this multi-year series, which features the signature of George Washington on the first U.S. patent, were released on December 14, 2018, by the U.S. Mint.
The American Innovation $1 Coin Act authorized this 2018-dated introductory coin as well as a coin to honor “innovation and innovators from every state, each territory, and the District of Columbia,” starting in 2019. Like the 50 State Quarters and America the Beautiful Quarters programs, the American Innovation dollars are a multi-year series. They will be issued in the order the states joined the Union.
The reverse designs change with each new issue, while the obverse, a rendering of the Statue of Liberty, is common to all issues.
The attractive NGC label echos the theme of the introductory coin, which sets the stage for the entire series. This label will be used automatically and for no additional fee for submissions of this coins.
- Submit the American Innovation coins under the Modern grading tier or higher.
- The default label (at no additional charge) will be NGC’s Innovation Label #1157.
- If the Early Releases or First Releases designation is desired (+$10), select Early Releases or First Releases on your submission form. Write Early Releases Label #378 or Blue First Releases Label #379 to get the accompanying label. Otherwise, Innovation Label #1157 will be used.
- To qualify for Early Releases or First Releases, coins must be received by NGC or an NGC-approved Depository before the Early Releases/First Releases cutoff date.
- If you want NGC’s Standard Brown Label (shown below), write Standard Brown Label #377.
- If you would like Mint packaging returned, select “Return Mint Packaging” in section 3 of the NGC Submission Form. The fee is $5 plus the cost of shipping.
Questions? Contact NGC Customer Service at or 1-800-NGC-COIN (1-800-642-2646).
NGC’s First Day of Issue designation is available for qualifying bulk submissions only. Contact Scott Heller at 941-360-3990 or or Miles Standish at or 949-922-0515 for bulk submissions.
Collectors Society paid members can submit their coins directly to NGC. Not an NGC Collectors Society member? Paid memberships start at just $25/year. Join today.
Press release courtesy of the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation