Dozens of NGC-certified coins are part of the Wimbledon Collection, being offered online now.
A Key-date Morgan dollar leads a group of dozens of rare U.S. coins graded by Numismatic Guaranty Company (NGC) that are being offered by online auction house GreatCollections. Bidding is already underway for the remaining lots in the Wimbledon Collection of U.S. Coins, with bidding ending on either June 26 or July 3, 2022.
The 1893-S Morgan dollar graded NGC MS-63 represents one of the key dates in the Morgan dollar series. Any Mint State example is expected to sell for over $100,000, according to the NGC Price Guide. Indeed, several days before the auction, bidding for this Morgan dollar had risen over $150,000.
Other NGC-certified highlights in the collection include:
- a 1797 half dollar graded NGC MS-61
- an 1858-C half eagle graded NGC MS-63
- an 1859-S double eagle graded NGC AU-58
- an 1861-O double eagle graded NGC AU-58
- a 1915-S Panama-Pacific Round $50 commemorative graded NGC MS-61
Press release courtesy of the Numismatic Guaranty Company