The U.S. Mint set, which includes a Native American dollar and a Kennedy
The 2019 Rocketship U.S. Mint sets go on sale today. (Scroll below to see detailed submission instructions.)
The set includes a 2019-S Proof Native American $1 coin featuring Mary Golda Ross, a Native American engineer, and an astronaut representing Native American space pioneers like John Herrington. It also features an Uncirculated 2019-D half dollar, which shows President John F. Kennedy, the man who pushed the U.S. forward during the Space Race of the 1960s and whose name is now enshrined as part of NASA’s main launching facility at Cape Canaveral, Florida.
The U.S. Mint has limited the sets to 50,000
NGC is celebrating this historic set with a ”Rocketship Set”pedigree, which will be listed separately in the NGC Census. There is an additional $5 fee per coin for this designation.
Coins received by NGC within the first 30 days of their release are eligible for NGC’s popular Early Releases and First Releases designations. Learn more about Early Releases and First Releaseshere. For Early Releases / First Releases cutoff dates, click here.
- The 2019 Rocketship Mint Set must be received in the sealed U.S. Mint shipping box to receive the Rocketship Set pedigree.
- There is an additional $5 fee for the special set pedigree.
- All coins received in a sealed Mint shipping box must be graded.
- Submit these coins under the Modern grading tier or higher.
- The default label is NGC’s Standard Brown Label #377.
- If the Early Releases or First Releases designation is desired (+$10), select Early Releases or First Releases on your submission form. Early Releases Label #378 or Blue First Releases Label #379 will accompany the designations by default.
- To qualify for Early Releases or First Releases, coins must be received by NGC or an NGC-approved Depository before the Early Releases / First Releases cutoff date.
- If you would like Mint packaging returned, select “Return Mint Packaging” in section 3 of the NGC Submission Form. The fee is $5 plus the cost of shipping.
Questions? Contact NGC Customer Service at or 1-800-NGC-COIN (1-800-642-2646).
NGC’s First Day of Issue designation is available for qualifying bulk submissions only. Contact Scott Heller at 941-360-3990 or or Miles Standish at or 949-922-0515 for bulk submissions.
In addition, select bulk submissions at the Whitman Expo in Baltimore (February 28 to March 3) are eligible for a “Whitman Expo Releases” designation, for an additional $15 fee. (The submissions must be accompanied by the original U.S. Mint purchase receipt (showing that they were purchased at the U.S. Mint booth at the Whitman Expo). Collectors Society paid members can submit their coins directly to NGC. Not an NGC Collectors Society member? Paid memberships start at just $25/year. Join today.
Press release courtesy of the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.