Whitman Publishing authors will meet and greet collectors and sign copies of their books at the Whitman booth, #236 (next to the U.S. Treasury Department display), at the American Numismatic Association World’s Fair of Money, August 15–18, 2017. The show is held at the Pennsylvania Convention Center at 1101 Arch Street in Philadelphia.
Autograph sessions are planned for Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday with the editors of the Guide Book of United States Coins (popularly known as the “Red Book”) and Mega Red (its expanded deluxe edition). Editor Emeritus Kenneth Bressett and editors Q. David Bowers and Jeff Garrett will sign copies of the latest editions. The 2019 Red Book includes a special 10-page tribute to Bressett celebrating his 60-plus-year career and his recent promotion to the position of Editor Emeritus. The hardcover Red Book features a gold-foil portrait of Bressett on the back cover, making it a unique numismatic collectible.
“These autograph sessions offer a rare chance to meet some of your favorite hobby authors in person,” said Whitman publisher Dennis Tucker. “Pictures are welcome, so bring your camera. Say hello, ask questions, and you’ll take home some amazing memories from the ANA World’s Fair of Money.”
Whitman authors who will participate in book signings include the following. A schedule with specific times will be available at the Whitman booth.
- Harlan Berk (100 Greatest Ancient Coins) — Thursday afternoon.
- David Bowers (A Guide Book of Morgan Silver Dollars; Obsolete Paper Money; etc.) — Wednesday afternoon; Thursday morning; Friday morning and afternoon.
- Ken Bressett (Money of the Bible; Whitman Guide to Coin Collecting; etc.) — Thursday morning; Friday morning and afternoon; Saturday morning.
- Roger W. Burdette (A Guide Book of Peace Dollars) — Wednesday afternoon; Thursday afternoon; Friday morning.
- Jeff Garrett (Encyclopedia of U.S. Gold Coins, 1795–1933; 100 Greatest U.S. Coins; etc.) — Saturday morning.
- Robert D. Leonard (Curious Currency: The Story of Money From the Stone Age to the Internet Age) — Thursday afternoon; Friday afternoon.
- Edmund C. Moy (American Gold and Platinum Eagles) — Thursday afternoon.
- Michael “Miles” Standish (American Silver Eagles; Morgan Dollar) — Friday afternoon.
- Dennis Tucker (American Gold and Silver: U.S. Mint Collector and Investor Coins and Medals, Bicentennial to Date) — Thursday morning.
Arranged by day, the autograph sessions are:
- Wednesday afternoon — Bowers and Burdette.
- Thursday morning — Bowers, Bressett, and Tucker.
- Thursday afternoon — Berk, Burdette, Leonard, and Moy.
- Friday morning — Bowers, Bressett, and Burdette.
- Friday afternoon — Bowers, Bressett, Leonard, and Standish.
- Saturday morning — Bressett and Garrett.
The Whitman Publishing booth is a popular gathering place for Whitman authors, so visitors have a good chance of running into these and other hobby writers at booth #236 throughout the week.
Because Whitman Publishing is the Official Supplier of the American Numismatic Association, ANA members get 10% off all purchases. Other show specials, bargains, and giveaways are scheduled for Whitman books, folders, albums, and hobby supplies.