With 2016 just two days away, several U.S. Mint products will go off sale today, December 30, and tomorrow, December 31.
Due in part to recent legislation prompting the release of 30th anniversary issues of American Eagle Silver coins in 2016, all Silver Eagles dated 2015 and earlier will be pulled at noon today. This means that any sets containing Silver Eagles will be pulled as well. Since the Mint has yet to set a release date for the 2016 issues of these coins, it may be a while before collectors will again be able to order numismatic Silver Eagles from the Mint. Bullion issues of the coin are scheduled to go on sale to authorized purchasers on January 11.
The following products will no longer be available after noon ET today, December 30. Among the items included on this list are all 2015 commemorative issues.
- American Eagle 2015 One Ounce Silver Proof Coin;
- American Eagle 2015 One Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coin;
- 2013 Congratulations Set;
- 2014 Congratulations Set;
- 2015 Congratulations Set;
- 2014 Annual Uncirculated Dollar Coin Set;
- 2015 Annual Uncirculated Dollar Coin Set;
- 2014 Limited Edition Silver Proof Set;
- U.S. Marshals Service 225th Anniversary 2015 $5 Gold Proof Coin;
- U.S. Marshals Service 225th Anniversary 2015 Uncirculated Clad Half-Dollar;
- March of Dimes 2015 Proof Silver Dollar; and
- March of Dimes Silver Dollar Uncirculated Coin.
Several other products will off sale tomorrow, December 31, at 3 p.m. ET. They are:
- 2014 United States Mint Proof Set;
- 2014 United States Mint Uncirculated Set;
- 2014 United States Mint Silver Proof Set;
- America the Beautiful Quarters 2014 Proof Set;
- America the Beautiful Quarters 2014 Silver Proof Set; and
- Presidential 2014 One Dollar Coin Proof Set.