Kolbe & Fanning Numismatic Booksellers have shared the following press release:
Kolbe & Fanning are pleased to announce that our 142nd sale of important numismatic literature will be held on June 24 and 25, 2016. The two-part sale will feature a number of rare and desirable works on ancient, medieval and modern coins from several consignors. Printed catalogues are being mailed at this time and will be arriving in the mailboxes of established clients shortly.
The sale is arranged in two parts. The first, featuring 380 lots, will be conducted as a live online sale on Friday, June 24. Bidders may participate in this part of the sale in a variety of ways: in advance via mail, phone, fax or email–or on the day of the sale through our live bidding platform at auction.numislit.com. Register in advance, browse lots and place bids at your leisure: all lots in the first part are illustrated in the online catalogue. Live bidding will commence at noon eastern time on June 24.
The second part of the sale features over 600 lots of numismatic books, periodicals and catalogues from around the world, and will be conducted as a traditional mail-bid sale (no online component). This second part of the sale will close at 9:00 pm eastern time on Saturday, June 25. Bids may be placed via mail, phone, fax or email; bids will be treated as limits and reduced as competition dictates.
Some highlights include the following:
- Lot 18: Barbarigo’s extraordinary 1732 elephant folio Numismata virorum illustrium ex Barbadica gente, in a contemporary armorial full red morocco binding, bound with the rare 1760 supplement
- Lot 77: an extensive run of over 250 Gerhard Hirsch sales, including the first 160
- Lot 84: a fine original copy of Imhoof-Blumer’s Griechische Münzen
- Lot 113: Mouchmov’s rare work on ancient coins of the Balkans
- Lot 139: the rare 1894 Sangiorgi sale of the Sossi Roman coins, with plates
- Lot 201: one of 26 copies of the 1990 Davisson edition of Dalton & Hamer bound in levant quarter morocco
- Lot 220: Jacob Hirsch’s very scarce folio catalogue of the Arthur Löbbecke collection of medals
- Lot 374: a deluxe leatherbound 1996 Robinson S. Brown large cent sale, one of five copies produced
- Lot 376: three original volumes of the American State Papers on finance, containing much numismatic information.
The sale also offers, split between both sections of the sale, an extraordinary run of George F. Kolbe catalogues in hardcover format, including nearly every hardcover Kolbe sale.
As mentioned above, printed catalogues are being mailed to established clients; a PDF of the catalogue has been posted to the main numislit.com website for those who prefer to read online. In addition, prospective bidders are able to access the live online catalogue and register to bid in Part I of the sale through auction.numislit.com.
Kolbe & Fanning Numismatic Booksellers LLC is a licensed and bonded auction firm in the State of Ohio. For more information, please see the Kolbe & Fanning website at numislit.com or email David Fanning at . We look forward to your participation.