This month’s coin collecting calendar includes fewer numismatic product releases from the United States Mint, but two major shows. The eighth coin in the America the Beautiful Quarters series will be released into circulation.
The US Mint will release the numismatic version of the Yosemite National Park Five Ounce Silver Coin on June 9, 2011. This follows the quick sell outs for the prior two releases. Once again, the coins will be limited to one per household and priced at $279.95.
Later in the month, the Julia Grant First Spouse Gold Coin will go on sale. The maximum mintage is expected to be 15,000 across proof and uncirculated versions and pricing will be established based on the average price of gold in the week leading up the release.
The Long Beach Coin & Collectibles Expo will be held from June 2-4, with an auction conducted by Heritage. The Whitman Coin & Collectibles Expo will be held from June 16-19 with an auction conducted by Stack’s Bowers Galleries.
On June 13, the Olympic National Park Quarter will be released into circulation. This design features a Roosevelt elk stepping onto a gravel river bar of the Hoh River with Mount Olympus in the background. A launch ceremony will be held on the following day.
June 2-4, 2011
- Long Beach Coin & Collectibles Expo held at Long Beach Convention Center in Long Beach, California.
June 9, 2011
- Yosemite National Park Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coin on sale at the US Mint.
June 13, 2011
- Olympic National Park Quarter released into circulation. 100-coin bags and two-roll sets on sale at the US Mint.
June 14, 2011
- Official launch ceremony for Olympic National Park Quarter held at City Pier in Port Angeles, Washington, starting at 11:00 AM PT.
June 16-19, 2011
- Whitman Coin & Collectibles Expo held at Baltimore Convention Center in Baltimore, Maryland.
June 23, 2011
- Julia Grant First Spouse Gold Coins and Bronze Medal on sale at US Mint.
June 29, 2011
- Ulysses S. Grant Presidential $1 Coin Cover on sale at US Mint.