Another highlight of the sale is a 1915-S Panama-Pacific octagonal $50 graded NGC MS-65 (lot 3392). The was struck for the Panama-Pacific International Exposition in 1915, held in San Francisco to commemorate the opening of the Panama Canal a year earlier. Only 645 of the octagonal version were distributed and this is among the finest-graded.
Other NGC-certified highlights of the sale include:
- a Massachusetts 1652 Pine Tree one-shilling graded NGC MS-65 and pedigreed to the Hanson and Partrick Collections (lot 3002)
- an 1895 Morgan dollar graded NGC PF-67 (lot 3119)
- an 1854-O gold $3 graded NGC MS-62 (lot 3164)
- an 1876 gold $3 graded NGC PF-65 Ultra Cameo (lot 3167)
- an 1879 Flowing Hair $4 Stella graded NGC PF-65 (lot 3168)
- an 1879 Flowing Hair $4 Stella graded NGC PF-65 Cameo (lot 3169)
- a 1797 Large Eagle $10 graded NGC MS-61 (lot 3235)
- a 1913 Indian $10 graded NGC PF-67 (lot 3272)
- an 1870-CC $10 graded NGC VF-25 (lot 3253)
- an 1859-O Liberty $20 graded NGC AU-53 (lot 3300)
- an 1862 Liberty $20 graded NGC MS-63+★ (lot 3309)
- an 1878 Liberty $20 graded NGC PF-64 Cameo (lot 3339)
- a 1915-S Panama-Pacific octagonal $50 graded NGC MS-64 (lot 3390)
Press release courtesy of the Numismatic Guaranty Company.