Free evaluations and a grading contest are among the show’s highlights.
The Florida United Numismatists (FUN) show is Thursday, January 4 to Sunday, January 7, 2018, at the Tampa Convention Center in Tampa, Florida. Here are five things to know before you go:
- Free evaluations: NGC Chairman and Grading Finalizer Mark Salzberg and PMG Grading Finalizer Chad Hawk will be doing free coin and paper money evaluations, respectively, for a limited time on January 4 at the NGC booth (#112) and PMG booth (#128). Read more here (NGC) and here (PMG).
- On-site grading: Use this opportunity to have your coins and notes graded during the show and returned to you before you leave. Submissions must be made early in the show. Read more here (NGC) and here (PMG).
- Grading contests: Two note-grading contests — one for adults and one for young numismatists (age 12-17) — are being held at the PMG booth (#128). For more information about these contests, please click here.
- Amazing auction items: A $4 Stella and a couple of 1943 bronze Lincoln cents are among the NGC highlights being sold at auction during the show. A gold certificate from the late 19th century that may sell for over $500,000 is among the PMG-graded rarities for sale. Additional information is available here.
- Learn more about us: As always, visit the NGC, NCS, and PMG booths (#112 and #128) to talk with company representatives and learn more about our services and benefits.
Press release courtesy of the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.