The schedule is lighter for the final month of the year, but some significant events in coins and coin collecting will take place during December 2010.
The United States Mint will begin sales for the final numismatic products of the year, which all incorporate coins or medals featuring Abraham or Mary Todd Lincoln. The latest release of the First Spouse Gold Coins series honoring Mary Todd Lincoln was released on December 2. On the same date, the accompanying bronze medal and annual bronze medal set were also made available. Near the end of the month, the American Presidency $1 Coin Cover and Presidential $1 Coin & First Spouse Medal Set including the Lincoln Dollar will be released.
The scheduled close of sales for one of this year’s commemorative coin programs will take place on December 13, 2010 at 5:00 PM. The silver dollars issued to honor American Veterans Disabled for Life have sold about 260,000 out of the 350,000 maximum authorized mintage so far. How many more will be sold in the final days?
On December 6, the US Mint was supposed to release the eagerly awaited America the Beautiful 5 ounce silver coins, however the launch of the new program has been delayed. At the current time, it is not yet known when the coins will be released or how they will be distributed.
December 2, 2010
- Mary Todd Lincoln First Spouse Gold Coin and Bronze Medal on sale at the US Mint.
- 2010 First Spouse Series Four Medal Set on sale at the US Mint.
- Sales conclude for Margaret Taylor First Spouse Gold Coin.
December 2-4, 2010
- Houston Money Show held at George R. Brown Convention Center, Houston, TX.
December 6, 2010
- Scheduled start date for 2010 America the Beautiful Silver Bullion Coins to authorized purchasers. (Release halted by the United States Mint.)
December 13, 2010
- US Mint sales conclude at 5:00 PM ET for the 2010 American Veterans Disabled for Life Silver Dollar.
December 16-18, 2010
- PCGS Members Only Show held at The Venetian in Las Vegas, NV.
December 23, 2010
- Abraham Lincoln Presidential $1 Coin & First Spouse Medal Set on sale at the US Mint.
December 30, 2010
- Abraham Lincoln Presidential Dollar Coin Cover on sale at the US Mint.
- US mint sales conclude at 3:00 PM ET for the 2009 District of Columbia & U.S. Territories Quarters Proof Set, James K. Polk Presidential $1 Coin & First Spouse Medal Set, Zachary Taylor Presidential $1 Coin & First Spouse Medal Set.