The major coin collecting event for the month of August 2011 will be the ANA World’s Fair of Money held in Rosemont, Illinois. The event will include the largest bourse in ANA history with more than 1,200 dealers. Additional highlights include the Museum Showcase, Collector Exhibits, and numerous educational opportunities. Both PCGS and NGC will provide on-site grading, and an auction will be conducted by Stack’s Bowers.
The month also includes the latest releases in the Presidential Dollars and America the Beautiful Quarters Programs. The Rutherford B. Hayes Dollar will be released on August 18, with a launch ceremony held the same day in Fremont, Ohio. The Vicksburg National Military Park Quarter will be released on August 29, with a launch ceremony held the next day at the park.
US Mint product releases include numismatic bags and rolls for the newly released coins and the America the Beautiful Quarters Three Coin Set featuring Glacier National Park.
August 11-14, 2011
August 16-20, 2011
- ANA World’s Fair of Money held at Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, Illinois.
- Stack’s Bowers August 2011 Chicago ANA World’s Fair of Money Auction.
August 18, 2011
- Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Dollar circulation release date.
- Hayes Dollar numismatic rolls on sale at the US Mint.
- Official launch ceremony for Hayes Dollar held at Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center in Fremont, Ohio, starting at 10:00 AM.
August 23, 2011
- Glacier National Park America the Beautiful Quarters Three Coin Set on sale at the US Mint.
August 29, 2011
- Vicksburg National Military Park Quarter circulation release date.
- Vicksburg Quarter numismatic bags and rolls on sale at the US Mint.
August 30, 2011
- Official launch ceremony for Vicksburg National Military Park Quarter held at the U.S.S. Cairo Museum located on the grounds of the park, starting at 9: 30 AM.