The following events related to coins and coin collecting will take place during the month of April 2010. One of the highlights of the month will be the release of the first America the Beautiful Quarter.
On April 19, 2010, the United States Mint will release into circulation the Hot Springs National Park Quarter. This will represent the first release of the America the Beautiful Quarters series, which will run from 2010 to 2021. During the course of the series, a National Park or National Site from each state, territory, and the District of Columbia will be represented with a unique design on the reverse of a quarter.
The US Mint will release products related to the Hot Springs Quarter to coincide with the circulation release date. Other products released during the month will include the Millard Fillmore $1 Coin Cover and the 2010 Lincoln Cent Two Roll Set.
The Santa Clara Expo, Chicago International Coin Fair, and Central States Numismatic Society (CSNS) 71st Anniversary Convention will be held this month. Third party coin grading companies PCGS and NGC will offer on-site grading at the CSNS convention.
April 2, 2010
- Millard Fillmore Presidential Dollar Coin Cover on sale at the US Mint.
April 8, 2010
- 2010 “Preservation of the Union” Lincoln Cent Two Roll Set on sale at the US Mint.
April 9-11, 2010
- Santa Clara Expo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
April 19, 2010
- Circulation release date for Hot Springs America the Beautiful Quarter.
- Hot Springs America the Beautiful Quarter Bags and Two Roll Set on sale at the US Mint.
April 20, 2010
- Official launch ceremony for Hot Springs America the Beautiful Quarter.
April 22-25, 2010
- Chicago International Coin Fair at Crowne Plaza in Chicago, Illinois.
April 26-May 2, 2010
- Central States Numismatic Society Convention at Midwest Airlines Center in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.