The month of April 2011 will see several eagerly awaited numismatic product releases from the United States Mint. This includes the 2011 Proof Gold Eagles and the first of the numismatic versions of the 2010 America the Beautiful 5 oz. Silver Bullion Coins. A number of major coin shows will also be held.
The month starts with the Whitman Coin & Collectibles Expo, which has now just concluded. Other shows include the Chicago International Coin Fair and Santa Clara Coin, Stamp & Collectibles Expo at mid-month, and the CSNS convention held near the close of the month.
United States Mint product releases will include 2011 sets containing the America the Beautiful Quarters, as well as the bags and rolls for seventh issue of the series featuring Glacier National Park. The 2011 Proof Gold Eagles will go on sale April 21. It is expected that the coins will be available in individual one ounce, one-half ounce, one-quarter ounce, and one-tenth ounce options, in addition to a complete 4 coin set.
On April 28, the collectible version of the Hot Springs ATB Silver Bullion Coin has been scheduled for release. According to statements from the US Mint, these eagerly awaited numismatic versions of the bullion series were struck during 2010, with a mintage of 27,000 per design. The coins will include the “P” mint mark and carry a special finish created through a vapor blasting technique. Pricing and ordering limit information has still not been provided.
March 31 – April 3, 2011
- Whitman Coin & Collectibles Expo held at Baltimore Convention Center, Baltimore, Maryland.
April 1, 2011
- America the Beautiful Quarters Silver Proof Set on sale at the US Mint.
April 4, 2011
- Circulation release date for the Glacier National Park Quarters. Numismatic bags and rolls go on sale at the US Mint.
April 13, 2011
- Official launch ceremony for the Glacier National Park Quarter held at Columbia Falls High School, 610 13th Street West, Columbia Falls, Montana at 1:00 PM MT.
- Grand Canyon National Park Quarter Three-Coin Set on sale at the US Mint.
April 15-17, 2011
- Chicago International Coin Fair held at the Crowne Plaza Chicago O-Hare in Rosemont, Illinois.
- Santa Clara Coin, Stamp & Collectibles Expo held at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, California.
April 16-17, 2011
- Numismata Vienna held at Messe Congress Center in Vienna, Austria.
April 19, 2011
- 2011 America the Beautiful Quarters Uncirculated Coin Set on sale at the US Mint.
April 21, 2011
- 2011 Proof American Gold Eagle sales begin at the US Mint.
April 27-30, 2011
- Central States Numismatic Society 72nd Anniversary Convention held at Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, Illinois.
April 27, 2011
- 2011 Presidential Dollars Uncirculated Coin Set on sale at the US Mint.
April 28, 2011
- 2010 Hot Springs National Park 5 ounce silver uncirculated coin on sale at US Mint.